“Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.” ~ Rumi
The Joy Experiment: A 12-Week Exploration
Joy is a state of being. It is not something we pursue or find in situations, achievements or accomplishments. Believe me, I know many people who seemingly have everything one could ask for in life… good health, loving family and friends, monetary wealth. And they are not always Joyful.
Yet I also know people who don’t seem to have much. Maybe they are less well off, or wishing they were in a relationship, or are happy not climbing the corporate ladder of success. They are often the most Joy-filled people I know
And to speak for myself, I know that my experience of Joy has grown exponentially in the last few years because I have a more humble and grateful awe for each precious moment of life. Joy for me starts with the appreciation of being alive, and that every experience is truly a gift.
We act as if we are tortured if we are not getting what we “want”. But what we actually “get” is a gift. This gift to be human… Alive. Breathing. Feeling. And I mean to feel everything!
When I recently went into my 3rd orthopedic surgery in less than 1 year, I said to myself… “How extraordinary that I get to experience this creative way that doctors have come up with to fix our bones and help us walk!” I don’t for one minute forget that I am able to walk because someone figured out how to surgically repair my femur. And what a gift and joy it is to be able to walk!
This 12-week Joy Experiment is about RADICAL JOY through RADICAL GRATITUDE!
And because of this mindset, my creativity and curiosity have expanded. I see possibilities and opportunities that I would have missed before. And I experience all of life imbued with more inspiration, trust and Joy.
The Joy Experiment: Beginning Saturday, January 9th, 2021 at 9:00am PST
- 6 2-hour virtual group meetings held every other Saturday at 9:00am PST
- Welcome email prior to the first class with Zoom conferencing info and link to the 6 virtual meetings.
- Open “call-in/coaching hours” on the alternating Saturdays between 9:00 – 10:30am PST via Zoom.
- There is no format for these 90 minute sessions. You are free to ask questions, share insights, get coaching. The 90 minutes are guided by your input and engagement.
- One private coaching session with Julie. Can be scheduled any time through May 31st, 2021
Cost and Registration Details:
- Cost: $325
- Scholarships available. Contact me if you are interested in the program, yet financially this is too much a stretch to join.
- To Register: Please make payment via Venmo @Julie-Stuart-OakLeaRanch, or get in touch to make other payment arrangements. Confirmation email sent once payment is received.
My path to Joy:
In reality, I was just stuck in insecure thinking.
But I promise you it does not take pain, suffering, and loss to discovery Joy. All it takes is being grateful for how precious life is.
Now I can find myself overwhelmed with gratitude and experience Joy at the most unusual times. And that is where it all starts. I now recognize that a mindset of deep gratitude while remembering the impermanence of everything are the seeds that bloom into Joy.
- I went from single to in a wonderful relationship, and now lovingly married.
- I went from living in a small apartment in Oakland, CA to a 20 acre ranch with 4 goats and one silly and adorable chocolate lab in Kelseyville, CA.
- I went from working for myself to also co-starting a non-profit with my husband (still in the start-up stages).
- And, amongst other things, I went from insecure, scarcity minded, perfectionistic and controlling, to abundance-minded, community oriented and Joyful.